Wednesday, September 26, 2007

black and white


It is not that important to leave and go if it didn't leave gaps behind that are impossible to fill.


Crying is not something to be ashamed of, if the tears are coming from the heart.


Love has nothing to be afraid of, if one could get rid of all skins.
A known voice would not make one so upset, if it was never heard.
-Can Yücel-

Living is no laughing matter:
you must live with great seriousness
like a squirrel, for example-
I mean without looking for something beyond and above living,
I mean living must be your whole occupation.
....

The moment you're born they plant around youmills that grind lieslies to last you a lifetime।You keep thinking in your great freedom a finger on your temple free to have a free conscience


Your head bent as if half-cut from the nape,your arms long, hanging,your saunter about in your great freedom: you're free with the freedom of being unemployed.


There's neither an iron, wooden nor a tulle curtain in your life;there's no need to choose freedom:you are free.But this kind of freedom is a sad affair under the stars.

...

What is the reason, why do I remember you like a wound on my heart what is the reason that I hear your voice when you are so far and I can't help getting up with excitement?


I kneel down and look at your hands I want to touch your hands but I can't you are behind a glass. Sweetheart, I am a bewildered spectator of the drama that I am playing in my twilight.



You are on the carousel of the festival inside me you hover around, your skirt and your hair flying Mere seconds between finding your beautiful face and losing it.

-Nazım Hikmet-

Photos-Ara Güler, İsa Çelik

No comments: